When it comes to listing and successfully selling a cottage, there are a few golden rules. The team at Elder Real Estate Group shares these 5 key points with an eye to helping you prepare for the process.
- Ensure you have a survey and that it shows the markers are available. Have the setback from the waterline compliance with shoreline regulations regarding docks, piers, and water breaks readily available.
- Be prepared to provide details regarding water potability. This can include documentation of well, sand point, water pump and more.
- Documentation regarding the septic tank, septic bed, including their related drawings, should be available. Any history regarding pre-existing septic systems on the property (if applicable), should also be available.
- Cottage owners should be able to provide details regarding the road allowance for accessing the cottage. This document should include any maintenance agreements and registered rights of way.
- Cottage insurance policies differ from standard homeowner’s insurance. Provide a list of any essential insurance details, including limitations related to heating and electrical connections.
Are you ready to list your cottage, but find yourself wondering if you have all the necessary paperwork? Get in touch with the team at Elder Real Estate Group.
Our team is committed to keeping seller’s informed and providing a professional, ethical and confidential service. We are happy to share our real estate expertise to ensure your cottage is sold – successfully!